Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2014

Blogtour Dark Wonderland


Alyssa ist heute bei meinen Klecksen zu Gast und hat ein Interview ihrer tollen Autorin im Gepäck. Ich durfte A.G. Howard für euch löchern und das habe ich natürlich liebend gerne getan. Aber erst plaudert Alyssa aus dem Nähkästchen :D

Alyssa: Also meine Anita Howard wurde durch ihre Arbeit in einer Schulbibliothek zu "Dark Wonderland" inspiriert. Schon immer fragte sie sich,was wohl passiert wäre, wenn die gruselige Stimmung in Alice im Wunderland deutlicher zutage getreten wäre. UND WER DARF DAS JETZT AUSBADEN?? Genau!! "Dark Wonderland" ist ihr Tribut an Lewis Carroll, was ich ja auch total okay finde. Wenn sie mal nicht schreibt liest sie (klar!) fährt Rollerblades, gärtnert und macht Urlaub mit der Familie (sie ist verheiratet und hat zwei Kinder). Unter einem Ausflug verstehen sie unter anderem sich uralte Friedhöfe und von Geistern heimgesuchte Schulen anzusehen (naja, jedem das Seine, ich könnte darauf locker verzichten). Aber diese Dinge dienen ihr zur Inspiration (oje, ich sehe schwere Zeite auf mich zukommen).
 © Pam Lary Photography 

Aber jetzt will ich euch das Interview nicht weiter vorenthalten:

Which of your book-charakters is most similar to you?
Alyssa is the most like me: Afraid of heights, artsy, and loves thrift shopping and skating. But she's a lot braver than I am for overcoming her phobias. Although she did have wings to help. Whereas, I don't... the last time I checked, anyway. :)

What inspired you to create a dark Wonderland? What research did you do?

First of all, I'm Alice In Wonderland obsessed! Lewis Carroll was a literary rock star. I love how he wove underlying threads of eeriness into his nonsensical scenes and characters and I always wondered what would've happened had the creepiness evolved from subtle nuances and taken full stage. But the actual idea came to me when I went to see the Tim Burton Alice movie. The cinematography was so vivid and evocative that I didn't want to leave their world when it was over. So I started playing over Wonderland continuations and scenarios in my mind. I wanted to write a book about them, making things a little darker and a little funkier, but I needed something to tie it into today's world, and some way to make it different than it had ever been done. Then I read the book Alice, I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin and it all clicked into place. I could have my heroine be a descendant of Alice Liddell! Once that fell into my lap, I sat down and wrote it in about six months. It was a blast!

The main thing I did for research was reread Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There. It had been years since I'd revisited them, and I needed the characters and settings fresh in my mind. I also made notes in a spiral notebook as I went along, highlighting what scenes/settings/characters were my favorites and how I might incorporate them.  It was important to me that my book be a tribute to Carroll's amazing works, without copying him in any way. Also, I’m a visual writer and knew I wanted a colorful/vivid world edged with creepiness for my Wonderland setting. To help me visualize, I gathered images onto my inspirations pinterest board of anything “Alice-esque” but twisted.

 I really like that your character has your initials (Alyssa Gardner - Anita Grace) was that intentional or random?

Aw, thanks! It’s nothing but a happy coincidence. In fact, I didn’t realize I had done that until a fan pointed it out after the first book’s release here in the states (back in 2013).

I wished I had one of Morpheus´ hats. Which one is your favourite?

The Insurrection hat, without a doubt. A lot of his hats have a steampunk quality, which I love, but this particular one has gangsta appeal: a silver fedora trimmed in red moths. The colors represent swords and bloodshed … creepy, I know. But red moths?  How cool is that?

And in case you don’t believe they exist, check out this amazing close-up of a Ruby Red Tiger moth:


Flicker creative commons photo attribution: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14847071@N05/3437956065/

(For some examples of Morpheus's other hats, hop over to my pinterest board: Morpheus, Wicked and Wild...)

How did you get the idea that Alyssa have their fears through their art under control? I like this idea very much.

Thank you! This was very natural process to me, because as a writer, I often face/conquer my fears through scenes I write in my books. For example, I’m terrified of spiders and creepy dolls, and in my YA fantasy, Splintered, those things each have their moments in the spotlight. As I was writing those scenes, I felt empowered. So I assumed it would be the same process for an artist, to control their fears through their art.






meine Rezi findet ihr HIER

 Gewinnspiel
  
Behaltet in jedem unserer Beiträge die Bilder im Auge,
denn am Ende der Tour, erzählt Euch Alyssa, wie
 ihr damit die Chance auf ein Exemplar 
von Dark Wonderland habt.
**********
    

DANKE an den cbt Verlag, der uns so toll bei dieser Blogtour unterstützt hat.
Und DANKE an Anita Howard für dieses geniale Interview.


Kommentare:

  1. Huhu Manu.
    Was ein tolles Interview. Ich liebe das Buch und es ist toll zu lesen, wie die Autorin überhaupt auf die Idee gekommen ist.
    Liebe Grüße
    Mandy

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hallöchen,
    ich verfolge ganz aufmerksam eure tolle Tour. Das interview ist echt klasse. Ich finde es immer toll, die Menschen hinter den Büchern zu entdecken und ein paar Hintergrundinfos zu erhalten.
    Liebe Grüße
    Jana

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hallo und guten Tag,

    ich bin mal gespannt, was es mit den Bildern auf sich hat ..am Ende der Tour.

    LG..Karin..

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Ich bin sehr gespannt auf dieses Buch! Das muss ich auf jeden Fall noch lesen! LG

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Danke für das interessante Interview. ♥

    Ich bin jetzt auf jeden Fall schon mächtig gespannt auf das Buch.

    Liebe Grüße
    Petra

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Danke für das Interview.
    Sich auf Friedhöfen rumtreiben wäre wohl nichts für mich ;-).

    Liebe Grüße,
    Vanessa

    AntwortenLöschen